Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring has Sprung

Yesterday was one of the most beautiful days we have had in a long time. I spent the weekend at my parents house in western Nebraska. This is one of the busiest times of the year for my husband, so he stayed home. Boo. I hurried back Sunday morning to make sure we could spend most of Easter together.





Holidays are always bittersweet. Easter is a celebration to praise our risen savior. I enjoyed going to the early morning church service with my mom. That service that always seemed SO early as a child- we begged mom and dad not to have to go so we could stay home and eat the candy we had received in our Easter baskets. We usually didn't have to go to church until the 10:00 service. I'm not sure why my memories of Easter as a child always involve white patent leather shoes that would scratch and get a big black mark on them by the end of the day.





The flip side of the day is spent thinking about how we would have celebrated Jackson's first Easter. My heart ached as I watched all the children in their cute Easter clothes and I think what I would have gotten for him to wear. I'm guessing he would have gotten an Easter basket full of candy that Anthony and I would have ate! ha! We know he celebrated with the other little one's in Heaven- Easter egg hunt and all!





We purchased a new grill this weekend and on that note I want to let the folks at Weber grills know that the estimated time of 30 minutes for assembly is only accurate if you have 14 hands and go go gadget arms. Seriously it took me 2 hours to complete the task with no extra parts at the end! ;) Oh how I love to grill! Steaks last night and hamburgers tonight with sauteed onions, red peppers and provolone cheese. Yummy! It's Bobby Flay's Philly Burger from www.foodnetwork.com


No comments:

Post a Comment